Let’s face it. There aren’t an abundance of coupons for things like fresh fruit & veggies, meat and dairy. But when it comes time to plan your meals, you still want to save, right? Here are my top tips for saving money on these essential items.
- Meal plan, meal plan, meal plan!
- Eliminate as much food waste as possible, since this can account for as much as 20% of your grocery budget.
- Check your local grocery store sale ads to see who has the best deals on meat and dairy this week.
- Shop at Aldi’s for your fresh produce.
- If you’re lucky enough to live near a Costco, I highly recommend a membership. You’ll find high quality meat, produce and a variety of organic items at great prices.
- I suggest printing all coupons, but check other brands (including store brands) before buying to be sure you’re getting the best price.
- If you shop at Walmart, be sure to scan your receipt afterwards to get any Savings Catcher rebates. Details HERE.
- If you are in need of any of the spices listed at the top, check to see if your store has a bulk spices section. You’ll find the best deals here, and you only buy the amount you need.
- Consider doing some stockpile shopping while you’re out to help build up your pantry. If you participate in the $40 stockpiling challenge, you might get it all for FREE!