Welcome to the $10 gift basket challenge, where I have endeavored to create some high-quality gifts on a budget using coupons, and store sales. Last night I put the finishing touches on my Fragrance Gift Baskets with a purchase from Target, and one from Walgreens.
(5) Glade Scented Oil Candle Holders @ $2.99 = $14.95
(5) Glade Premium Room Spray @ $2.99 = $14.95
Earned $10 Target gift cards ($5 for buying 5 Glade holiday items x 2)
–$1/1 Glade Scented Oil Candle Holders printable, used five
-$1.50/2 Glade Holiday Item 12/8 SS insert, used two
–$0.55/1 Glade Spray printable, used one
Final Price: All for $11.35
(6) Patriot Jar Candles 3 oz. $1.99, B1G1 free = $5.97
-15% Friends & Family Coupon – no longer available
Final Price: All for $5.07 ($0.85 each)
This week, I spent a total of $16.42 on 5 gift baskets (that’s $3.28 each). In past weeks, I spent a total of $1.58 per basket, bringing my total to $4.86
$3.28 + $1.58 = $4.86 each
This includes the gift baskets themselves (from the Dollar Tree), and the tissue paper. That’s HALF of my budgeted $10. And they’re so full, I couldn’t possibly add another thing! Wahoo!
If you want to create this basket yourself, you can still get in on these deals!
- Target is offering a $5 gift card when you buy (5) Glade Holiday items, plus you can find lots of corresponding coupons on coupons.com to further lower your cost.
- Patriot Jar Candles are on sale for $1.99, B1G1 free at Walgreens through today ($1 each).
- You’ll find Renuzit Cones priced $0.89 at Walgreens, minus the $1.50/3 printable makes them $0.39 each!
- Don’t forget to stop at Dollar Tree to pick up a $1 gift basket, tissue paper, and perhaps a big bow!
The Manicure Sets pictured above were priced $1 each at HEB. I had a catalina coupon for $4 off a $4+ purchase of cosmetics or accessories, making them all FREE! I will use them in my Spa/Pampering gift baskets, which should be finished next week. Photos to come!