Here’s another way to make ground beef a little more interesting.
It’s a super easy recipe, and an affordable way to feed the family!
- Pie Crust:
- ¼ c. cornmeal
- ¾ c. flour
- 1½ tsp. baking powder
- ⅓ c. milk
- 1 T. vegetable oil
- 1 lb. ground beef, cooked and drained
- 1 c. medium salsa
- 1 c. mexican blend cheese
- toppings as desired
- Preheat oven to 425.
- Combine dry ingredients cornmeal, flour, baking powder and salt.
- Mix in milk and oil and stir well.
- On a lightly floured surface, roll out dough.
- Place in a lightly sprayed 9" pie pan and shape to edge.
- In a bowl, combine cooked ground beef and salsa.
- Spoon mixture into crust and sprinkle with cheese.
- Bake at 425 for 13-15 minutes.
- Serve with toppings such as lettuce, tomato, sour cream and olives.
Other recently posted recipes:
- Hamburger with Mushroom Cream Sauce
- Moms Famous Mac & Cheese
- Salad in a Jar
- Homemade Ranch Dressing
- Morning Energy Smoothies