This recipe is one of my top go-to slow cooker meals. It is one of our favorite soups, second only to Pasta Fagioli. When you have homemade meatballs prepped and ready-to-go in the freezer, this one comes together in no time.
- 1½ pounds precooked meatballs, thawed
- 6 cups chicken stock
- 1 small onion, diced
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 (28-oz.) can diced tomatoes
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 2 teaspoons dried basil
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 8 oz. spiral pasta
- mozzarella and parmesan cheese (optional)
- Combine all ingredients except pasta and cheese in a slow cooker. Cook on low for 4-6 hours or high for 2-4 hours.
- Add pasta during the last hour of cooking.
- Serve with a sprinkling of mozzarella and parmesan cheese on top if you are so inclined!
Operation Dinner: How to Plan, Shop & Prep for Easy Family Meals. Available for $5.99 on Amazon. Includes over 75 recipes, free printables for creating your own Meal Planning Binder and more!