If you’ve been reading this blog for long, then you know I love to find easy ways to simplify dinner. One of my big shortcuts is to have meat cut up and ready to go in meal size portions in the freezer. For this recipe, I cut chuck steak into bite size pieces and store in a freezer bag. Be sure to lay the bag flat to freeze so it is easier to thaw when the time comes.
If you like pepper steak, I’d be willing to bet that this will be a favorite dish of yours! The long cook time makes it tender and flavorful.
- 4 lbs. Chuck Steak, cut into bite size pieces
- 1 pkg. Onion Soup Mix
- 1 14.5 oz. can Diced Tomatoes
- ½ c. Green Pepper, diced
- 1 Beef Bullion Cube
- 1 c. Water
- 3 Tbs. Flour
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Line a 13 x 9" pan with aluminum foil and add chuck steak.
- Sprinkle steak with onion soup mix.
- Drain diced tomatoes, reserving juices.
- Add drained tomatoes and diced green peppers to chuck steak.
- In a small saucepan, cook tomato juices with ½ cup water and beef bullion cube. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat.
- In a small bowl, mix ½ c. cold water with 3 Tbs. flour.
- Slowly add flour mixture to saucepan. Stir until thickened.
- Pour sauce over chuck steak.
- Cover tightly with aluminum foil.
- Bake at 350 for 90 minutes.
Other Posts You May Like:
- 40 Shredded Chicken Recipes
- 40 Ground Beef Recipes
- 30 Things to Do with Meatballs
- Scroll through HERE to learn about my Gradual Make-Ahead Method
- Scroll through HERE for lunchbox ideas