Making your own mixes is an easy way to save money and cut out unnecessary ingredients. At the beginning of each month, I whip up a batch of this simple brownie mix. The kids love homemade brownies, especially when they’re fresh out of the oven! You can find this recipe, along with several other easy mixes in my new book Operation Dinner: How to Plan, Shop & Prep for Easy Family Meals.
- 6 cups all-purpose flour
- 8 cups sugar
- 1 (8-oz) box unsweetened cocoa powder
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 tablespoon salt
- Combine all ingredients in a large bowl.
- Store in an airtight container for up to 3 months.
- TO MAKE BROWNIES:
- Mix together 2 ¼ cups brownie mix with 2 eggs, ¼ cup melted butter and 1 teaspoon vanilla.
- Pour into greased 8x8” pan and bake at 350°F for 30 minutes.
Operation Dinner: How to Plan, Shop & Prep for Easy Family Meals. Available for $5.99 on Amazon. Includes over 75 recipes, free printables for creating your own Meal Planning Binder and more!