Last year, I shared my favorite recipe for make and freeze pizza crust and sauce. Well here’s another version. This one works if you prefer having the entire pizza premade and ready to go.
With a family of seven (including five hungry boys) it has saved us a ton of money to have convenience foods and snacks available in the freezer. No need to order out or buy frozen foods containing preservatives and ingredients I can’t even pronounce.
- 1 pkg. Active Dry Yeast
- 1⅓ c. Warm Water
- ¼ c. Vegetable Oil
- 1 tsp. Kosher Salt
- 4-5 c. Unbleached Bread Flour
- Pizza Sauce
- Pizza Toppings of Your Choice
- Combine yeast and warm water and let set until yeast dissolves (1-2 minutes).
- Add vegetable oil and salt.
- Gradually add flour until you have a soft, pliable dough.
- Knead by hand or with mixer and dough hook attachment for 10 minutes.
- Turn dough into a warm, oiled bowl. Cover and let stand until doubled in size (about 45 minutes).
- Divide dough in half and roll each into 15 x 12" rectangles.
- Add sauce and toppings of your choice to one side of rectangle.
- Fold over and seal well.
- Brush with butter or oil.
- Bake at 400 for 15 minutes. Carefully flip stromboli over and return to oven for another 10-15 minutes or until golden brown.
To make this meal even better, I highly recommend the pizza sauce recipe found at the end of THIS post. You can make it in just a few minutes and it makes all the difference!
Operation Dinner: How to Plan, Shop & Prep for Easy Family Meals. Available for $5.99 on Amazon. Includes over 75 recipes, free printables for creating your own Meal Planning Binder and more!