- Be sure to read the fine print for purchase limits. In the Colgate deal above, each Extra Care Card is only able to do this deal twice. If you try to do it a third time, the ECB won’t print.
- You’ll also want to keep an eye on the expiration date on your ECBs. They generally expire 4 weeks from print date and if you don’t use it, in most cases you lose it!
- ECBs are not considered “store coupons”. Since CVS allows one store coupon and one manufacturer’s coupon per item, you may use the two in combination with an ECB if you have it.
- Use as many ECBs as you like in one transaction. Just remember that if your pre-tax purchase is lower than your ECB face value, you will forfeit the extra. So it’s a good idea to get your transaction amount as close to your ECB value as possible.
- Head over HERE and print a copy of the CVS corporate coupon policy to keep with your coupons.
The CVS Magic Coupon Machine…
CVS often has “advertised sale prices” that are higher than regular prices in other stores. Remember, just because it is listed in the sale flyer does not mean its a bargain!
- Always check the bottom of your receipt for occasional store coupons given. These will vary based on your shopping frequency and purchase habits. Remember, you can stack them with manufacturer’s coupons for big savings.
- Be on the lookout for Reinventing Beauty magazine. This is a quarterly publication found in store for $1. It contains a number of store and manufacturer’s coupons. Some stores even offer the coupon insert portion of the magazine for free!
- Join the Extra Care Beauty Club and earn an extra $5 ECB with every $50 beauty purchase. You qualifying beauty purchases are recorded with your Extra Care card. Your purchases can be spread out over the year, and once you reach the $50 mark you’ll automatically see your bonus bucks. You’ll also get a $3 ECB on your birthday just for being a member!
- Ask for rainchecks. Most of the CVS stores I frequent are famous for running out of the hot sale items, usually by Sunday afternoon. Remember to ask for a raincheck so you can still take advantage of the deals you need!
thanks to iheartcvs for some of the photos!