I’m a sandwich girl. Always have been. I love me a good sandwich any time of the day.
This recipe was born from my sandwich-love and my need to find ways to use up the shredded chicken I keep in my freezer. It has a nice little kick with the addition of a little hot sauce and garlic powder. Find the right loaf of bread and you’ve got yourself a family favorite – guaranteed!
Shredded chicken is a great thing to have on hand. It keeps well in the freezer, it’s easy to defrost and it’s a huge time saver. We use it to create easy casseroles, soups and sandwiches like the ones I listed HERE. This recipe is a relatively new creation, and one of my favorites.
- 2 c. Cooked Shredded Chicken
- 1 c. Mayonnaise
- ¼ c. Diced Celery
- 1 tsp. Chipotle Hot Sauce (I use Cholula)
- ⅛ tsp. Garlic Powder
- Whole Grain Bread, toasted
- Provolone Cheese slices
- Bacon, cooked and drained
- Combine first five ingredients. Spread on whole grain toast. Top with cheese, bacon, lettuce and tomato and serve immediately.