Having Grilled Chicken Strips on hand in the freezer is one of my secrets for saving time in the kitchen. Whenever I can get a good price on chicken breast I stock up, then grill 8-10 lbs at a time, slice into strips and bag in meal size portions.
I came up with this idea after falling off the once-a-month-cooking bandwagon…mostly because the idea of spending a full Saturday each month in the kitchen was something I always dreaded. I decided I could accomplish the same thing by spending a few minutes making a little bit extra whenever I prepare dinner. It has worked like a charm for us! These Chicken Bacon Quesadillas are one of our favorite ways to use up our grilled chicken strips. Head over HERE for another delicious idea.
If you’re interested, you can stop over HERE to read more about my Gradual Make-Ahead Method™.
- 1 Tbs. Butter
- 8 Flour Tortillas
- 1 lb. Grilled Chicken Breast Strips
- 10 Strips of Bacon, crumbled
- 1 Avocado, diced
- ¼ c. Fresh Salsa
- 8 oz. Cheddar or Pepperjack Cheese
- In a skillet, melt 1 Tbs. butter over medium heat.
- Add tortilla to skillet and top with grilled chicken strips, crumbled bacon, avocado and a small amount of fresh salsa.
- Top with cheese and a second tortilla.
- Cover and cook until cheese is melted and bottom of tortilla is slightly brown.
- Flip carefully and cook the other side until tortilla is slightly brown.
- Repeat above steps with all tortillas.
- Cut each into quarters and serve with sour cream and salsa (optional).
Adapted from Kevin and Amanda