Now that you’ve learned the basics of stockpiling and committed to an annual plan, the hard part is over. Each week, simply return to Moms by Heart and scroll through the Stock-Up Prices category to see all the recommended purchases. These will include freebie and rock bottom deals at the drug stores, along with any Target, Walmart or Dollar Tree deals that are worth a look. Create your shopping list from these options in just a few minutes, then gather your coupons and hit the stores. How easy is that?
A few things to keep in mind for a successful shopping trip:
- The best deals may fly off the shelves, so shop as early in the week as possible.
- If the product you need is not in stock, ask for a rain check.
- Be sure to stick to your budget, and keep track of your quantities with the free printable Stockpile Shopping List so you don’t overbuy.
- Look for ways to “roll” your drug store rewards to maximize savings.
- It is not necessary to do your stockpile shopping every single week. If you miss a week or two, just hop back on the bandwagon as soon as you are able.
- Avoid brand loyalty. Commit yourself to trying new products in the interest of saving the most money.
Wanna show off your couponing skills? Once again this year, I’m asking my readers to submit their hauls for a chance to win a $10 Amazon gift card each month. Simply send me a photo and description of your stockpile purchase at momsbyheart at gmail dot com. If I use it on the blog, you’ll be entered to win. You may enter as often as once every week. One winner each month will be selected using random.org from among qualifying entries. You must be 18 years or older and reside in the US. Void where prohibited.
If you have any questions about stockpile shopping, or if I missed any important points, please share in the comments!