Today I am wrapping up my monthly baking week by making Lemon Cookies. I have tripled the recipe so I can freeze the extra dough. The glaze is what makes this cookie taste extra special, so don’t skip that part.
- 1 cup butter, softened
- ¾ cup powdered sugar
- juice of one lemon
- zest of one lemon
- 2 cups flour
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- FOR THE GLAZE
- ¼ cup powdered sugar
- 1-2 teaspoons milk
- Beat softened butter and powdered sugar together until thoroughly mixed.
- Beat in lemon juice and lemon zest. Set aside.
- In a separate bowl, combine flour and salt.
- Slowly combine flour mixture with butter mixture.
- Roll into 1" balls. Bake at 300F for 18-22 minutes or until slightly brown on the bottom.
- Allow to cool.
- TO MAKE GLAZE:
- Mix together ¼ cup powdered sugar and 1 teaspoon milk.
- Glaze should approximate the consistency of maple syrup.
- Drizzle over cookies.
If you’re making extra dough, simply roll into 1″ balls and flash freeze. The store in freezer bags for up to 3 months. Defrost, then follow directions above.
More Freezer Friendly Cookie Dough: