Next week, we are embarking on another 7 Day No Spending Challenge. But just because we won’t be spending money, doesn’t mean we can’t have fun! Here are a few free activities you may be able to find in your neck of the woods.
- Free factory tours in your area.
- Home Depot DIY Organic Gardening workshop
- Lakeshore Learning – free craft project for kids
- William Sonoma – free Jr Chef Class: DIY Homemade Drinks
- Check out your local library reading club.
- Contact your local Parks & Recreation department, Community Center, Visitors Center or the local newspaper website for a list of free activities. Don’t forget to check with any nature centers, sports centers, lakes or community parks.
- Visit a national park for free this weekend (4/19-4/20).
- Bowl for free at Bowling Alleys across the country.
- AMF Bowling Club gives you $20 off your next visit or free bowling for kids all summer.
These are summer programs that have not started yet, but it would be fun to sign up and get started planning this week!
- American Girl – online reading club and in-store reading events.
- Barnes & Noble – Read any 8 books and submit the reading journal to get a free book.
- Scholastic Summer Reading Program – log reading time to earn cool prizes.