This month, bargains are centered around grilling season, outdoor fun, graduation, Mother’s Day and Cinco de Mayo. Here are a few tips to help you maximize your budget:
- Memorial Day weekend means an abundance of sales at the mall, home furnishing stores and home improvement centers, as retailers cash in on the long weekend. Consider waiting on your major purchases until this time.
- May also marks the start of garage sale season, so keep your eye on the classified ads!
- You’ll want to frequent the thrift stores and consignment stores this month too, as people embark on spring cleaning and donate their unwanted items.
Here are the best things to buy in May.
- Condiments such as ketchup, mustard, marinades, salad dressing and barbecue sauce. We should see plenty of coupons for these items as well.
- Taco shells, tortillas and seasoning
- Disposable dinnerware
- Spring and warm weather clothing will be at super low prices towards the end of May and on through Memorial weekend.
- Jewelry deals for Mother’s Day shoppers.
- Electronics and small appliances will see some price drops as folks purchase gifts for moms and grads.
- Patio furniture