Did you know that you can make your own homemade microwave popcorn? It’s true! Thanks to a clever reader who left a comment on the Moms by Heart Facebook page and shared how to do this!
You will need:
- Paper bags (lunch size)
- Pour 1/4 – 1/3 cup popcorn kernels into paper bag.
- Fold paper bag several times at the top.
- Lay bag on its side with folded side facing up in the microwave.
- Cook on Popcorn setting or for 2-3 minutes (until there is more than 5 seconds between popping)
- Remove from bag and add salt, butter or desired flavorings!
I have found this to be a huge money saver over buying the premade microwave popcorn. Plus it’s a great after-school snack!