Yesterday I told you about a new series called Stockpiling on $10 Per Week. This morning we ventured out with our very first Hamilton.
These items were chosen because they were on my stockpile list, and because they are things you can likely snag yourself if you’re following along. Since there are some pretty good prices on soup during cold weather months, I thought it was important to stock up before they return to regular prices. Here’s what I got.
(4) Colgate Max Fresh Toothpaste 4.6 oz. @ $1 = $4
-$0.75/1 Colgate 1/6 SS insert, use four
Final Price: $1 ($0.25 each)
(2) Nivea Lip Balm @ $1 = $2
-$3/2 Nivea Lip 1/6 RP insert
Final Price: FREE
(2) Aquafresh Fresh n Fruity Kids toothpaste 2/$3 (month long price cut)
-$1/1 Aquafresh Kids printable, use two
Final Price: $1 ($0.50 each)
Total Spent: $9.35
Left Over for Next Week: $0.65
We now have:
(6) Toothpaste for our stockpile (goal: 24)
(13) Soup (goal: 26)
The lip balm was extra and not on our list. But my daughter loves them and they were free so I couldn’t resist.
If you plan to join us for the $10 Stockpiling Challenge and are wondering how to choose your purchases, here are a few tips.
- Begin with the best deals available – freebies or money makers that fit your list.
- Meet immediate needs of your family – if you’re starting with a zero stockpile, factor in your immediate needs that can be purchased for a steal this week.
- Look at seasonal deals – each month there are products you’ll find at the lowest price of the year. Head over HERE to read what you can get in January. If soup, stew, tea or hot cocoa are on your stockpile list this is the month to get them.
Follow along and win a $20 Amazon gift card!
Just snap a pick of your $10 stockpiling haul and send it along with a list of what you purchased to momsbyheart at gmail dot com. If we use it on the blog you’ll be entered for a chance to win. One winner will be chosen each month. Be sure to subscribe to Moms by Heart and follow our weekly challenge.
Posted in: stockpiling