Starting Sunday 9/16/2012, Walgreens is rolling out the Balance Rewards program. Sign up for a free membership to qualify for points on your purchases which are redeemable for store credit.
You’ll find special Balance Rewards offers in the weekly ad that will help you accumulate points faster. Check out the points redemption chart above to figure your savings. An easy way to think of it, is that 800-1000 points = $1.
Here’s an example. Huggies diapers are on sale for $8.99 and you’ll earn 1,000 points with purchase or $1 credit. Pair this with a $1 coupon and you’ll end up paying $6.99.
A Few Important Points to Note:
- Membership is required in order to take advantage of advertised sale prices or qualify for Register Rewards.
- According to the terms & conditions, all Points will be awarded to the Member’s account 3-5 days after purchase, although there have been other reports that they are available immediately. We’ll have to wait and see on this one. UPDATE: as of now, points are redeemable immediately, yeah!
- Walgreens reserves the right to to limit points awarded to reasonable household quantities.
- Should any Balance Rewards Member not earn or redeem points for 6 months, all accumulated Points will be forfeited
- For active Members, all Balance Rewards Points expire on a rolling 36 month basis.
- Points will not be earned in a transaction where Redemption Dollars are used.
According to a company spokesperson, this program is intended to run alongside Register Rewards. The official word is that they do not have any plans to end the RR program.
Posted in: Walgreens