Last week I shared my discovery of the best chicken tacos in the world. Today I want to show you what I did with the leftovers! This recipe was originally created by Joyful Momma’s Kitchen. The only modification I made was to use my favorite crockpot chicken recipe. If you have shredded chicken on hand in your freezer like I do, this will come together in a hurry.
- For The Chicken Filling:
- 2 lbs cooked shredded chicken
- 16 oz. jar salsa
- 1 pkg taco seasoning mix
- For The Enchiladas:
- 10-12 flour tortillas
- 2 c. shredded Monterey Jack Cheese
- 3 Tbs. butter
- 3 Tbs. flour
- 2 c. Chicken Broth
- 1 c. Sour Cream
- 4 oz. can diced green chilis
- Combine shredded chicken, salsa and taco seasoning in a slow cooker and cook on low for 4-6 hours. This can be done ahead, and stored in the refrigerator and freezer.
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Combine shredded chicken mixture with 1 cup Monterey Jack Cheese.
- Spoon into tortillas and roll up.
- Place in a greased 9 x 13″ pan.
- In a saucepan, melt butter.
- Add flour and cook on medium, stirring constantly.
- Add chicken broth and cook on medium heat, stirring occasionally until thickened.
- Remove from heat, and stir in sour cream and green chilis.
- Pour over enchiladas and top with remaining 1 cup Monterey Jack cheese.
- Bake uncovered for 20-22 minutes, then broil for 2-3 minutes until cheese is lightly browned.
Operation Dinner: How to Plan, Shop & Prep for Easy Family Meals. Available for $5.99 on Amazon. Includes over 75 recipes, free printables for creating your own Meal Planning Binder and more!