Manufacturers coupons can be found as printable coupons online or clipped from publications and inserts. Here are some ways to get the most “bang” for each one:
1) Many times when companies are promoting a particular product, they use several promotional methods at once. For instance, they might have a high value coupon as one campaign, television ads as another, and travel/trial size products available as a third. Be on the lookout for special prices and smaller sizes to match with your coupon and maximize savings.
2) Manufacturer coupons are valid on clearance items. Be sure to check endcaps and clearance aisles to match up deals.
3) When a coupon like the one pictured below does not specify a product size, it can be used to purchase travel/trial size when available. Target and WalMart both have great travel size sections located near the hair care/mouth care/deodorant aisles. Matching up coupons to small sized products often yields freebies!
4) Printable coupons should only come from legit coupon sites like coupons.com, redplum.com, smartsource.com or from the manufacturers website. Most of the time, legit printables have a unique code on each one and usually are not found as a PDF document. Never use a PDF coupon unless it comes directly from the manufacturers website.
5) Photocopying printable coupons is considered coupon fraud. Be sure that printables are legit by checking for the unique codes and a clear barcode. Since some of the clarity is lost in the photocopying process, fakes will have blurred barcodes that probably wouldn’t scan at checkout. When in doubt, don’t use it.
6) The wording on a coupon is very important. Some coupons will be valid on any product from a particular product line. For example, it might say “$1.00 off any Johnson & Johnson Baby Product”, but the product photo might be Johnson’s Bedtime Bath Wash. Be aware that the photo on the coupon is usually for the highest priced item in that product line, and normally does not limit the coupon usage. Because the wording of the coupon says, “any” product, you are able to use it on shampoo, powder, baby oil, trial sizes and of course, on any clearance items.
7) You will realize the most savings when you learn how to stockpile.