If you enjoy trying new products and sharing your opinion, there are several companies willing to pay you to do so! In fact, I’ve been able to stash away enough survey earnings to pay for Christmas for the past two years! If you’re interested in giving them a try, I have outlined the sites I am a member of below. Here are a few tips before you begin:
- Set up a separate email account just for surveys. This way you can keep all your invites coming to one place. Yahoo, Hotmail and Gmail all offer free and easy set-up.
- After you join, take the time to fill out the profile questionnaires available on most of these sites. These are used to determine which surveys you will most likely qualify for. With this information on file, you’ll get more frequent invitations and you’ll qualify more often.
- The sites on the list below are all free to join and all companies that have paid me. If you come across other survey sites on your own, remember you should never EVER pay to join. The legit ones are always free. It’s also a good idea to Google the company and see what others have to say about them before signing up.
My Top Five
These are the ones I earn the most with – they tend to have good payout amounts and frequent survey opportunities. If you’re new to surveys, I recommend starting with these first:
- SurveyHead – New members get a $5 sign up bonus! Payout will vary with this company – some are very high paying and others are not. As a general rule, surveys offered near the end of the month tend to pay the most here. You’ll get email notifications that will tell you survey length and payout amount, so you can choose which ones you’d like to do. Accumulate $25 in earnings and you’ll be paid via Paypal.
- Ipsos I-Say – Expect 2-10 invites per month. Each completed survey earns you points redeemable for cash: 50 points = $5. You’ll earn an entry into a $5,000 drawing for every survey you complete. Occasional product testing.
- My Survey – This one has yielded me more goodies than any of them. I’ve gotten product testing opportunities and high paying surveys. Most recently my teen was asked to fill out a daily log of the hygiene products he uses and was paid $10! I’d say it took a total of 20 minutes. 100 points = $1, and you are able to redeem them when you reach 1000 points ($10). You’ll get 10 points for joining and up to 1500 points per survey. You’ll also earn 150 points for referring a friend. My Survey has been responsible for the Consumer Confidence Survey every month for more than 40 years. These results are regarded as a leading economic indicator and are reported in publications such as The Wall Street Journal, USA Today, and The New York Times.
- Opinion Outpost – I like Opinion Outpost because they offer a fair payout for your time and plenty of opportunities. Most surveys are worth 20-30 points and take 5-15 minutes. Earn 50 points and cash out for $5. Earn 20 points ($2) for referring your friends. If you participate regularly, you should get some free product testing opportunities too!
- Valued Opinions – For each survey you complete, you will receive a reward, typically between $2 and $5 and occasionally up to $50! When your account reaches $20+, you can redeem for any number of gift cards. Including Amazon.
Other Good Ones!
Once you’ve tried these five companies and had a taste of surveying, I’m guessing you’ll want a few more opportunities! So here are the other sites I am a member of. While the survey invitations might not be as plentiful with some of these, if you’re serious about getting Christmas for free you’ll want all the invites you can get. So here they are:
- Send Earnings and Inbox Dollars – Get paid to read emails and take surveys. Each day you can participate in a new survey that generally pays $.50 and takes just a few minutes. Today my survey about a new movie. I was asked to watch the trailer and give my opinions! Both sites offer a $5 sign-up bonus and you’ll get 10% of your friends earnings when you refer them. Payment is by check when your account reaches $30. Super easy.
- Lightspeed Panel – The survey opportunities are plentiful here, and there are several payout options. Accumulate 550 points and get a $5 gift card or Paypal cash. Gift cards available include Amazon, CVS, Cracker Barrell, Chilis, TGI Fridays, Applebees, Red Robin and Olive Garden.
- American Consumer Opinion Surveys High pay $2-$10 per survey. Fill out the initial questionnaire and based on your answers you’ll be matched up with appropriate surveys. Invites will come by email only and are only available for a short time. Not too many invites from this company, but decent pay when the do come.
- Global Test Market Be sure to complete the profile questionnaires with this company in order to get the maximum number of invites. Payout will vary so keep an eye out. The amount for each survey is specified on the introduction page as you click to begin taking it. If you don’t see any payout amount, it means you will not be paid – you’ll only get a sweepstakes entry. Something to watch out for! 1000 marketpoints = $50.
- MindField – I’ve been a member of Mindfield since 2008 and have earned a total of $133. For the first several months of my membership, I only qualified for a few surveys. But after I filled out all my profile questionnaires, I ended up with a lot more. So don’t forget to do that (like I did)! The thing I like best about this site is that most surveys are short, usually between 5-15 minutes. Cash out when your account reaches $5.
- HCD Surveys Earn $1-$5 per study and $.50 for referring a friend. Not too shabby. Redeem when you reach 1000 points ($10). I usually only get 1 or 2 invites per month.
- Your2Cents Fewer survey opportunities, but good pay. You’ll earn the equivalent of $1-$5 for each study. 3000 points = $1, and you can redeem your points when you reach 30,000.
- Panel Polls – This site is sponsored by Nick Jr., Noggin and ChildResearch.com. It’s the most fun I’ve had taking surveys. It’s a site for parents and kids ages 6-17 to share their likes, dislikes and opinions. I have listened to unreleased music tracks, watched videos of future television shows, and have been sent DVDs to watch with my kids. You may need to have Nick Jr or Noggin as one of your television channels to qualify for most of these. Most surveys pay 1000-10,000 points, with 1000 points worth $1. Once your account reaches $10, you can cash out. At present, they do not offer points for referring your friends.
- Springboard America. This panel offers many opportunities to voice your political opinions! They also offer consumer surveys, but I love the political ones – just for a change of pace. Once you have accumulated 50 survey dollars you can redeem it for $50 cash. You’ll see the results of the surveys in the monthly Springboard newsletter or over at Angus Reid and Vision Critical. I always find it interesting to see how my opinion weighed against the majority!
- Daily Survey Panel- 4-6 survey opportunities per week. Each survey is worth 120 – 400 points, and they have generally been fairly quick and easy. Redeem your points for Paypal cash (200 points equals $1) or for gift cards to Olive Garden, Amazon.com, Target, Disney, WalMart, Starbucks and Home Depot. Refer a friend and earn 200 points each and every month they actively participate in surveys!
- MyPoints – hands down, my favorite, but it isn’t on my top five because technically it’s not a survey site. The majority of my earnings come from reading Bonus Mail that comes to my inbox 3-6 times per day! It’s been so easy for me to earn free gift cards with almost no effort here. I have never spent a penny on MyPoints and I earn a $10 gift card about every six weeks when I read all my emails. Effortless.
- Reward Port will reward you for taking surveys, signing up for offers and shopping online. Daily surveys are worth 100 points, earn 1000 points for referring your friends. Earn up to 2000 points for signing up for things like Home Depot newsletters, free samples and more. You can also earn by shopping through Reward Port. OldNavy gets you 8 points per dollar, Target gets you 3 points per dollar. Choose from dozens of other merchants too.Redeem your points for gift cards. 4500 points gets you a $10 amazon gift card. Other gift cards include Barnes & Noble, Starbucks, Blockbuster, Babies R Us, Target, WalMart, OldNavy, AMC Theatres, and Boston Market.
Not a survey site, but another amazon moneymaker:
Swagbucks- I love Swagbucks. It’s so easy. And since I’m online a lot, it’s the perfect money maker for me. I use Swagbucks to do internet searches and win digital bucks redeemable for gift cards or merchandise. When I reach 450 Swagbucks, I redeem them for a $5 amazon.com gift card.Plus, when I refer a friend, I get a Swagbuck each time they earn one for the first 1000 “bucks”. This means that for each referral, I can earn $10 in amazon.com gift cards. That really adds up! By referring 6-10 friends and doing searches, I estimate that I will be able to earn $100 in time to use it for Christmas 2010!
Posted in: General