With colder weather on the horizon, I am turning once again to my old buddy, the slow cooker. Here’s a filling and delicious recipe that my family loves.
- 7 cups baking potatoes, diced into ½” cubes (7-9 potatoes)
- 32 ounces chicken broth
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and chopped
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cups sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
- 2 cups half and half
- 1 pound bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 1 tablespoon fresh chives, chopped
- Combine potatoes, chicken broth, garlic, onion, jalapeno and pepper in a 6 quart slow cooker.
- Cover and cook on low for 5-6 hours, or high for 3-4 hours until potatoes are tender.
- Roughly mash potatoes until soup is thickened.
- Add shredded cheese and half & half and stir well.
- Serve immediately topped with bacon and chives.
Hope you enjoy! Stop over HERE for a reader recipe for Honey Whole Wheat Crockpot Bread.
Posted in: recipes