Save money (and preservatives) by making your own taco seasoning. This one, I dare say is the perfect combination of spices that I have been tweaking for the past several years.
- 2 teaspoons Chili Powder
- 1½ teaspoons ground Cumin
- 1 teaspoon Corn Starch
- 1 teaspoon Beef Bullion Granules
- ½ teaspoon Garlic Powder
- ¼ teaspoon Onion Powder
- ½ teaspoon Paprika
- ½ teaspoon Salt
- 1 teaspoon Black Pepper
- ¼ teaspoon Dried Oregano
- ¼ teaspoon Crushed Red Pepper Flakes
- Mix together and store in airtight container until ready to use (up to one year).
- To cook, add 1 lb cooked ground beef and ⅓ cup water per 1-2 tablespoons taco seasoning. Simmer uncovered on low for 5-10 minutes.
The corn starch thickens it up to just the right consistency while the beef bullion enhances the other flavors perfectly.
Keeps well in an airtight container for 6 months or more. Let me know what you think!
Posted in: recipes