Grilling season is in full swing, and I have a hubby who lo-o-o-v-e-s his grill! Here’s a recipe that’s always found in my freezer, especially in the summer months. Having the meat prepared in advance makes dinnertime super-easy!
- Cut sirloin or round steak into 1″ chunks and place in a freezer bag. Then place in freezer immediately.
- Smoked sausage can be sliced into 1/2″ – 3/4″ pieces and frozen in meal size bags. This does not affect the texture or flavor at all!
Thaw both bags in refrigerator the night before. Then slice potatoes, onions and green peppers just before grilling.
- 3 lbs. sirloin, cut into cubes
- 1 c. vegetable oil
- ½ c. soy sauce
- ¼ c. honey
- ¼ c. prepared mustard
- ¼ c. worcestershire sauce
- ¼ c. wine vinegar
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tbs. fresh ground black pepper
- 1 lb. smoked sausage, cut into ½-3/4″ slices
- 1 onion, sliced
- 1 green pepper, sliced
- potatoes, mushrooms or anything else you like
- In a bowl, whisk together oil, soy sauce, honey, mustard, worcestershire sauce, wine vinegar, garlic and pepper.
- Add beef cubes and marinade in refrigerator for up to 24 hours.
- Prepare skewers by alternating beef, sausage, onion, pepper, potatoes, mushrooms.
- Grill and enjoy!
NOTE: This marinade is also super-delicious on chicken!