The Store: Sam’s Club
The Mission: Create a complete holiday meal with all the fixins for a family of seven on a $75 budget.
When the folks over at Sam’s Club contacted me with this challenge, I was excited to give it a try. You see, I haven’t had a Sam’s membership for a few years and I have heard some great things lately from friends and family. I’ve been wanting to get in there again and see for myself.
I’ve always been a bulk shopper. Even before I had five kids. But Sam’s Club isn’t about just buying in bulk. Sure, you can get some great deals on quantity purchases, but what you may not know is that they have a huge variety of gourmet, specialty and prepared foods available as well. Check out the Pumpkin Cream Cheese Bundt Cake and Chicken Bacon Bruschetta Appetizers I scored!
At our house the appetizers and dessert items are every bit as important as the main event. Since I make the pies and rolls from scratch, my $75 budget allowed me more than enough to buy all the essentials, with a little left over for some fun extras! Check out what I was able to get:
- Turkey $0.99/lb = $14.09
- Potatoes big bag $3.98
- Big bag Fuji Apples $5.98 – enough for making pie and using with…
- Caramel Dip 2 pk. $2.98
- Big box Tortilla Chips $5.89
- Mild Cheddar Cheese 2 lb. block $4.70
- Avocados $3.98
- Vegetable Tray with Dip $9.98
- Cage Free Eggs $3.23 – for making deviled eggs
- Chex Mix XL bag $3.98
- Chicken Bacon Ranch Bruschetta Appetizers $9.98
- Pumpkin Cream Cheese Bundt Cake $6.98 – I couldn’t resist!
Grand total spent $75.75! Our feast:
- Dinner: turkey, gravy, rolls and mashed potatoes.
- Dessert: apple pie and bundt cake.
- Appetizers: apples & caramel dip, guacamole and chips, Chex mix, cheese, Chicken & Bacon Bruschetta, vegetable tray and deviled eggs.
I’m hungry already! Be sure to head over to Sam’s Club before your big celebration.
Thanks to Sam’s Club, one lucky Moms by Heart reader will be winning this gorgeous KitchenAid Stand Mixer! To enter, just leave a comment in the form below sharing your family favorite holiday dish (full recipe is not necessary). I’ll randomly select one comment using random.org from among entries received before midnight central time on 12/25/2011. Must be 18 years or older and a US resident to qualify, one entry per household please.
Disclosure: Sam’s Club compensated me to do my holiday shopping with them and provided the KitchenAid mixer for one lucky reader. All opinions are 100% my own.
Posted in: Giveaways