Who says hamburger can’t be fancy? Not I. This one has been passed on through our family and is a favorite of everyone who tries it. I am constantly asked for the recipe. It’s a great hearty meal on a budget.
MAKE AHEAD TIP: These patties can be made ahead and frozen uncooked. Just thaw in refrigerator the night before and follow recipe as usual.
- 1 lb. Ground Beef
- ¼ c. Bread Crumbs
- 1 Egg
- 1 c. Baby Portabella Mushrooms
- 1 Medium Onion, diced
- 2 Cloves Garlic, minced
- 1 c. Heavy Cream
- 1Tbs Olive Oil
- 3 Tbs Butter, divided
- 3 Tbs Fresh Cracked Black Pepper
- 1 Tbs Kosher Salt
- In a bowl, mix together ground beef, bread crumbs and egg.
- Form into 4-5 patties and season both sides with salt and pepper.
- In a skillet, heat olive oil and 1 Tbs butter.
- Add the patties and cook 3-4 minutes per side or to desired doneness.
- Remove patties from pan, cover and let sit.
- Using the same skillet (do not drain juices), add 2 Tbs. butter, mushrooms and onions. Cook until onions are translucent.
- Add garlic and cook until soft, around one minute.
- Add heavy cream and cook on low until sauce reduces and thickens.
- Plate the patties and cover with cream sauce. Enjoy!
Posted in: recipes