Here’s a treat you can make with ingredients you probably have on-hand. It freezes well and goes perfectly with a nice cup of coffee.
- 2 c. all purpose flour
- ½ c. unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 stick (8 Tbs) butter, softened and divided
- 1 c. granulated sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 c. chopped walnuts
- ¾ c. semisweet chocolate chip minis
- 1 c. semisweet chocolate chips
- 2-3 Tbs. milk
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Combine dry ingredients of flour, cocoa powder, baking soda and salt.
- In a separate mixing bowl, combine 6 Tbs. butter and granulated sugar.
- Add in eggs and beat until combined.
- Gradually add dry mixture to wet mixture until combined.
- Stir in walnuts and mini chocolate chips.
- On a greased baking sheet, form dough into two flat logs, approx. 12 inches long by 2 inches wide.
- Bake at 350 for 35 minutes. Allow to cool.
- Slice biscotti.
- Meanwhile, in a double boiler melt 1 c. chocolate chips and 2 Tbs. butter. Slowly add milk until you have a smooth consistency for dipping.
- Dip bottom side of biscotti into chocolate mixture and set on wax paper to cool.
- Can be frozen up to 1 month.
Posted in: recipes