Here’s a delicious way to use up shredded chicken. It’s a nice alternative to the typical pizza toppings. You can use your favorite pizza crust and sauce recipe, but you should really give mine a try – I’m telling you, it’s the best.
- 1 c. cooked, shredded chicken
- 1 pizza crust
- 1 c. pizza sauce
- 1 Roma tomato
- 1 clove garlic, cut lengthwise into slivers
- 1 Tbs. olive oil
- Salt & Pepper
- ¼ c. onion, diced
- 5-8 strips cooked bacon, crumbled
- 1 c. mozzarella cheese (fresh is best)
- ¼ c. shredded parmesan cheese
- Prepare pizza crust.
- In a saucepan, combine pizza sauce and shredded chicken. Cook on low for 5 minutes.
- Pour sauce mixture onto pizza.
- Slice tomato in half.
- Insert garlic slivers into cut tomato and place cut side up on shallow baking pan. Drizzle with olive oil, and add a dash of salt and pepper.
- Broil tomatoes at 500 for 10 minutes or until tomato starts to release juices.
- Remove from heat and allow to cool.
- Dice tomato and add it to the crust.
- Add bacon and onion to crust.
- Top with mozzerella and parmesan.
- Bake at 400 for 12-14 minutes.