Having pre-cooked ground beef in the freezer is one of the tricks I use to get dinner done in a hurry. Each month I cook a huge batch of ground beef with a few basic seasonings and a little onion. Then I freeze it into meal size portions. Having this (along with my shredded chicken and meatballs) in the freezer gives me so many easy options. Plus unlike traditional Once-A-Month Cooking, you don’t have the entire dish premade so you don’t need to worry about mush or freezer burn. Everything tastes fresh and delish.
This is one that we keep in the regular dinner rotation – all my kids go nuts for it. Even the picky ones. With the beef precooked, it’s just a matter of boiling the noodles and throwing the ingredients together. Gotta love that. I recommend a crusty slice of bread and salad to round out the meal.
- 1½ – 2 lbs Ground Beef, cooked and drained
- 16 oz. Macaroni
- 25 oz. Tomato Sauce
- 1 Medium Onion, diced
- 1 Clove Garlic, minced
- 1 Tbs. Hot Sauce (for a little kick!)
- 1 c. Medium Cheddar Cheese
- 1 c. Mozzerella Cheese
- Preheat oven to 400
- Cook macaroni al dente and drain.
- In a skillet, add pasta sauce, garlic, hot sauce, diced onion and cooked ground beef. Cook on medium heat for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Combine meat mixture with cooked pasta.
- Pour half into 13 x 9″ pan.
- Top with ½ c. mozzerella and ½ c. cheddar.
- Add remaining macaroni mixture.
- Top with remaining cheeses.
- Cover with aluminum foil and bake at 400 for 20 minutes.
- Remove aluminum foil and bake for another 10 minutes.