Wondering what to do with all those plastic Easter eggs? Here are some inspired ideas from across the web.
Think out-of-the-box this Easter with some unique and creative egg decorating ideas.
- 29 Easter Egg Ideas – Country Living
- Sharpie Mustache Eggs – Oh What Fun
- Glitter Eggs – Martha Stewart
- Puffy Paint Easter Eggs – Better Homes & Gardens
- Ombre Eggs – The Nerd’s Wife
- Lego Eggs – It’s Always Autumn
- Sharpie Tie Die – Housing a Forest
- Angry Bird Eggs – Red Tart Art
- Natural Dye Colored Eggs – Big Sis Little Sis
- Lace Eggs – Martha Stewart
April Fools Day is coming up, ladies. Time to start planning for some epic pranks. Visit Martha Stewart for a few ideas to get you started.
Spoonful has a list of prank ideas especially for kids.
Visit Parenting Magazine to be inspired by their Top 15 April Fools Jokes.
Come Together Kids has a creative list of her own, including this clever candy/fruit can.
I love this one because it’s so fun and unexpected. I think I spotted some googly eyes at the Dollar Tree too…
Get your fix of St. Patty’s Day fun with these ideas from across the blogosphere.
- Leprechaun Hat S’More’s – Hostess with the Mostess
- Double Decker Rainbow Shamrock Cookies – Bake at 350
- Shamrock Free Printable + Tutorial – The Ellie Blog
- Shamrock Whoopie Pies – Homemade by Holman
- Rainbow Cupcakes – The Idea Room
- Rainbow Necklaces – Eighteen25
- Over the Rainbow Candy Printables – Makoodle
- Rainbow Pudding – Make and Takes
- Leprechaun Bait – Wine and Glue
Staying home for spring break? Here are some activities to keep the kids busy. Visit The Crafty Mummy to see how she made a Balloon Powered Lego Car.
Make your own PVC Bow & Arrow with instructions from Skip to My Lou.
Make your own Pirate Play-Dough with the recipe from H is for Homeschooling.
Make Magic Bottles with instructions from Artsy Ants.
I don’t know about you, but with all the cold weather I am itching for a warm day to open the windows and do some serious cleaning. Here are some fabulous tips from across the blogosphere to make my work a little lighter.
- Spring Clean the Refrigerator – How Does She
- Clean & Repair Mini Blinds – Creatively Southern
- Clean Your Ceramic Stovetop – Mom4Real
- Easy Trick to Remove Toilet Stains – Anyone Can Decorate
- Clean Grout on Tile Floors – Elite Home Tips
- Clean Linoleum Floors – Ask Anna
- Clean Your Pillows – Inspiration for Moms
- Spring Cleaning Forgotten Areas – Daily Mom
- Spring Cleaning Your Windows – Blissfully Ever After
Planning a garden? Here are my 50 favorite tips and ideas from across the web.
- Make a tiered back door herb garden with The Vintage Wren (above).
- Tips for growing basil from Tipnut.
- Make a one-pot indoor herb garden with Apartment Therapy.
- Givers Log has 13 tips for planting an herb garden.
- Learn a better way to grow cilantro from Sunset Magazine.
- The Vegetable Gardener shares advice for Cut-And-Come-Again Lettuce (above).
- Tons of tips for Growing the Best Green Beans.
- Organic Gardening shares 7 Ways to Plant Potatoes.
- Urban Farmer makes potato towers.
- Grow cucumbers with Your Gardening Info.
- Tips for the best green pepper yield from the Baltimore Sun.
- “Recycle” your green onion end and grow a crop of your own.
- Grow tomatoes indoors with the help of Mother Earth News.
- Grow your own celery with Garden Ally.
- Tips for growing your own lettuce indoors.
- Grow carrots in a container with the Vegetable Garden Guide.
- Trick for big tomato plants from Love Apple Farms.
- Seed Starting Transplanting and Troubleshooting Tomatoes with Common Sense Home.
- Urban Garden Casual grows her tomatoes upside-down in 5 gallon buckets.
- Grow carrots in a 2L soda bottle.
- Garden Advice tells us how to grow zucchini.
- The Daily Green shares 8 perennial vegetables anyone can grow.
- Grow your lettuce in a hanging basket with Rainyside. Love this!
- Sherry’s Greenhouse shares 13 Tips For Healthy Seedlings.
- Seed Starting Made Simple with Organic Gardening.
- DIY Heat Mat for Seed Starting from Vegetable Gardener.
- Make your own seed pots out of newspaper.
- Garden Therapy creates seed pots out of toilet paper rolls.
Pest & Weed Control:
- Simple Organic shows companion planting and pest control plants.
- A Garden For The House uses vinegar as an effective herbicide.
- 35 pest & disease remedies from Fine Gardening.
- TLC shares 15 homemade organic gardening sprays that work.
- The Art of Food encourages us to start small with home gardening.
- Create a garden journal with Sunset Magazine.
- Free garden planning tool from Gardeners Supply.
- Plant a compact veggie garden with tips from Boys Life.
- This Old House has a step by step article for making the ultimate garden.
- Martha Stewart has a list of 13 easy to grow veggies.
- Vegetable Garden Plans aplenty from Better Homes & Gardens.
- Learn how to build a no-dig vegetable garden.
- Keeper of the Home shares 7 Gardening Lessons From a Novice.
- Blackberry growing with USA Gardens.
- Grow blueberries in a pot with Tipnut.
- Grow your own ginger with Learn2Grow.
- Tips for successful window boxes and pots from Make It Do.
- Measured by the Heart shares a few tips for bigger better veggies.
- Build a compost pile with organic gardening.
- Learn how to plant garlic with The Art of Doing Stuff.
- Build a Perfect Raised Garden Bed with Sunset Magazine.
- Backyard Garden Tutorial from Earth Easy.
Add some love from the kitchen this Valentine’s Day with the following recipes!
- Valentine Gumdrops – Mom Time Out
- Valentine Oreos – Thirty Handmade Days
- Reese’s PB Heart Cookies – I Heart Naptime
- Red Velvet Cupcakes in a Jar - My Baking Addiction
- Red Velvet Pancakes – Whipperberry
- Ice Cream Heart Sandwiches – The 36th Avenue
- Two Ingredient Strawberry Fudge – Cookies and Cups
- Frozen Yogurt Covered Strawberries – Glamour