As you may have read yesterday, I’ve been experimenting with a new kind of make-ahead cooking.
I fell off the once-a-month-cooking bandwagon a couple months ago, and haven’t been able to bring myself to return full force. Since I didn’t want to lose the time-saving benefits of it, I came up with my own version. Long story short – I now have a ton of grilled chicken in my freezer so I am working my way through the recipe box to find the best ways to use it up.
This one is always a hit at my house and just about the only way I can sneak veggies in without the moans and groans from the peanut gallery.
CALIFORNIA CHICKEN ALFREDO
- 1 lb Grilled Chicken Breast, frozen
- 8-12 oz bag California Blend Vegetables (carrots, broccoli and cauliflower)
- 2 cups Bowtie Pasta
- 1 Garlic Clove, minced
- 2 tablespoons Butter
- 1 cup Heavy Whipping Cream
- 1 cup Parmesan Cheese
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Cook pasta according to package directions.
- In a skillet, add butter, garlic, frozen chicken and vegetables. Cover and cook on low until chicken is heated through.
- Drain pasta and add to skillet, along with heavy cream, parmesan and salt. Cook and stir until thoroughly blended.
This is even great as leftovers. Good luck with that.
Recipe was adapted from Taste of Home version.
Posted in: Meal Planning