This month, the bargains center around the end of summer, back to school, diabetes awareness and the release of 2013 models for some items.
- With summer ending, we’ll see some big deals on yard and garden items. Look for clearances in patio and barbecue departments, as well as shrubs, gardening supplies, sprinklers and more. You’ll also find cheap prices for sunglasses, bug spray, sunblock, swimming supplies, bikes and the like.
- With the kiddos back in school, the remaining inventory of school-related supplies will be moved out. You’ll start to see some great price breaks on shoes and denim as well as clearance prices on remaining summer apparel. In grocery, stock up on snack items and lunchbox necessities as prices drop and coupons pop up for these products.
- National Diabetes Awareness Month will bring rebates, coupons and store rewards deals on glucose monitors and special dietary items.
- White sales generally happen in September, so look for deals on bedding and bath items. Many stores will offer additional incentives, like printable coupons and store rewards during these sales to sweeten your savings.
- Look for the best annual discounts on new vehicles, as 2013 models are released this month. There is also word of a new iPhone set to be released this month, which should mean lower prices on older models.
- Typically September is the best month to purchase airfare, with some one-way tickets to select destinations found for under $50.
- The end of September, we will celebrate National Coffee Day. In the past we have been able to take advantage of free coffee offers at some national chains!