This month, discounts will center around 4th of July, back-to-school, summer fun, national ice cream month and national blueberry month.
- Immediately following 4th of July, you’ll find the best prices on grills and grilling supplies.
- Yes, back-to-school sales are in full swing soon. Watch for the lowest annual prices on pens, art supplies, notebooks, backpacks and dorm supplies. These deals will continue through August.
- Early in the month, we will continue to see huge discounts on summer clothing. It’s a good idea to pick up a few things for the first weeks of back-to-school when the weather is generally still warm. You’ll also see great prices on patio furniture, swimming pools and swimwear.
- February and August are the months when furniture stores get new styles, so they’re looking to clear out the old stuff in January and July. Negotiate for your best deals during this time.
- National ice cream month means tons of coupons and sale prices on ice cream at nearly every store.
- Stock up on blueberries and store them in your freezer, where they will be good for 10-12 months. Details on best freezing methods can be found HERE.
Here are the best deals for July:
- Ice Cream
- Grilling meats: hot dogs, hamburger, sausage, brisket, steak, ribs
- Condiments: ketchup, mustard, mayo, bbq sauce, marinades
- Salad dressings
- Hamburger and hot dog buns
- Paper products: napkins, paper plates, disposable tableware
- Sunblock, razors, waxing supplies and insect repellent.
- First aid supplies.
- Summer clothing and swimwear.
- Patio furniture and swimming pools.
- Home Furnishings
- Gyms, fitness centers and weight loss programs still have some discounts available this month.
- Home construction and renovations are at their peak, which means sale prices on appliances.
- College students are looking for laptops for back-to-school, so we’ll see retailers lowering prices to try and score some easy sales.
IN SEASON PRODUCE
- Grapes – frozen grapes make a yummy snack!
- Summer Squash