This month discounts will center around 4th of July, back-to-school, summer fun, national ice cream month and national blueberry month.
- The first weekend in July means back-to-school sales start in full force. Watch for the lowest annual prices on pens, art supplies, notebooks, backpacks and dorm supplies, and buy enough for an entire year. These deals will continue through August.
- Early in the month, we will continue to see clearance deals on summer clothing. It’s a good idea to pick up a few things for the first weeks of back-to-school when the weather is still warm.
- February and August are generally when furniture stores receive new styles, so expect to find discounts on models from last season. TIP: jot down the names of your favorite pieces, then search online for the best prices and bring your findings back to the store so you can so you have some negotiating power.
- Immediately following the 4th of July holiday, you’ll start to see prices drop on grills and grilling supplies. You’ll also see great prices on patio furniture and swimming pools.
- National ice cream month means tons of coupons and sale prices on ice cream at nearly every store.
- Stock up on blueberries this month and store the extras in your freezer, where they will be good for 10-12 months. Details on best freezing methods can be found HERE.
Here is a list of the best deals for July:
- Ice Cream
- Grilling meats: hot dogs, hamburger, sausage, brisket, steak, ribs
- Condiments: ketchup, mustard, mayo, bbq sauce, marinades
- Salad dressings
- Hamburger and hot dog buns
- Paper products: napkins, paper plates, disposable tableware
- Sunblock, razors, waxing supplies and insect repellent.
- First aid supplies.
- Summer clothing and swimwear.
- Patio furniture and swimming pools.
- Home Furnishings
- Gyms, fitness centers and weight loss programs still have some discounts available this month.
- Home construction and renovations are at their peak, which means sale prices on appliances.
- College students are looking for laptops for back-to-school, so we’ll see retailers lowering prices to try and score some easy sales.
- Grapes – frozen grapes make a yummy snack!
- Summer Squash