This month the discounts are centered around holiday baking and gifting.
- Holiday Baking – We’ll see loads of coupons along with super low prices again this month on sugar and flour, along with many items in the baking aisle. Chocolate chips have a shelf life of 18-24 months (check expiration dates), so this is the perfect opportunity to snag a years worth. In addition, most other items are good for 6-36 months so check the dates and stock up appropriately.
- Holiday Dinner Items – If you have room in your freezer, this is a great time to stash away an extra ham or turkey as prices are still at their lowest. Just like November, you’ll also find great prices on canned gravy, pumpkin, stuffing, broth, canned veggies, rolls and all the fixins for your feast.
- Cookware and Cooking Essentials – We’ve already seen some amazing prices on cookware during Black Friday weekend, and these will continue on and off through December. Don’t forget to stock up on aluminum foil, plastic wrap and storage bags as they will be marked down at many stores as well (often with matching coupons).
- Free Gift Card Offers – December is the best time to get gift cards for your favorite restaurants, movie theatres and salons, with many offering a bonus with purchase. Example: buy a $50 Applebees gift card, get a $10 bonus gift card.
- Toys – There are still plenty of good deals to be had on toys this month, with stores rolling out new savings every week. Keep your eyes peeled though, as some prices will increase while others decrease. You’ll have to pick and choose to get the best deals.
- Storage and Organization – Right after Christmas we’ll start to see sales on storage and organizational supplies, as folks start to prepare for New Years Resolutions and reorganizing after the holidays.
- Christmas Decor – The day after Christmas is the big day for deals on holiday decor items. These deals will continue through the rest of the month, with some items marked down up to 75% or more.
- Brussel Sprouts
- Sweet Potatoes